Lessons Learned In School-Based Health Center Adolescent Relationship Abuse Prevention
This webinar, co-hosted by Health Partners on IPV and Exploitation and the School-Based Health Alliance, will feature a panel of school-based health center (SBHC) providers who will share their experiences promoting healthy relationships with their patients. From the first planning steps, and current practices to lessons learned along the way, they will discuss the benefits of a universal education approach and share how they navigate challenges related to addressing adolescent relationship abuse (ARA). Health Partners on IPV and Exploitation and the School-Based Health Alliance will share resources and learning opportunities related to ARA prevention and youth-centered healthy relationship promotion. ASL and Spanish interpretation will be provided.
- Nikki Carino, APRN, Nurse Practitioner, Roosevelt High School School-Based Health Center (Connecticut)
- Rosabelle Conover, APRN, Family Nurse Practitioner, Bassick High School School-Based Health Center (Connecticut)
- Ana M. Caskin, MD, Medical Director of School Based Health, MedStar Medical Group Department of Pediatrics (Washington, DC)
- Maya Hinton, LICSW, Wellness Coach, School-Based Health Centers at Anacostia and Roosevelt High Schools, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital Community Pediatrics (Washington, DC)
- Chrissy Ndjatou, CPNP-PC, Nurse Practitioner, School-Based Health Center at Anacostia HS, MedStar Medical Group Department of Pediatrics (Washington, DC)