Description: Youth are powerful health care advocates and champions of change for themselves, their peers, and their community. Youth development, as a building block for health center success, plays an integral role in the effectiveness of youth partnerships, community connectedness, and the power of youth voice. This SOPHE School Health Series webinar, facilitated by the School-Based Health Alliance, will provide methods on how to start, maintain, and sustain youth partnerships at all levels; highlight key skills and mentoring capacities required for meaningful youth outcomes; and provide next steps to begin and continue the conversation on how to elevate youth voice within your community.
- Identify seven key steps and methods to starting, maintaining, and retaining youth partnerships.
- Develop skills and mentoring capacities to engage youth as partners and elevate youth voice.
- Create sustainable conditions where meaningful youth leadership and development take place.
- Seleena E. Moore, MPH, Senior Program Manager, School-Based Health Alliance
- Nicole Carrillo, Program Associate, School-Based Health Alliance