State Affiliates Share Our Vision; Help Guide Our National Agenda
From our early developmental days, we recognized that our work at the national level must be informed by the experiences of local and state school-based health care (SBHC) partners. These organizations represent the SBHC movement “in the field” and bring with them valuable input into the day-to-day operational needs of school health care providers.
The majority of these local organizations are independent nonprofits representing school-based health care concerns. Many have chosen to work together to identify one organization within their state to lead their advocacy and public policy efforts. As of today, 28 states have formed or are in the process of establishing a state SBHC organization, and of those, 20 have achieved State Affiliate status with the School-Based Health Alliance.
Interested in Becoming a State Affiliate?
State Affiliates are partners that agree to share in SBHA’s mission, vision, and core values. To be recognized as a State Affiliate, the organization must go through an application process. It is critical that the organization applying for affiliate status is supported in that effort by the majority of SBHC providers in the state. Each State Affiliate is a member of the State Affiliate Network. The goal of this network is to build a comprehensive coalition and a grassroots movement to support and strengthen the school-based health care model. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about state affiliation.
Not Yet a State Affiliate, But Want to Be Included in the Conversation?
Some states are in the early phases of bringing stakeholders together to represent the interests of SBHC and are not fully an affiliate but considered an Emerging Affiliate, moving toward affiliation. Other states simply do not have the infrastructure to build and sustain an active State Affiliate yet desire to be included in the conversation and the work. Emerging Affiliates and other state SBHC leaders are welcome to work together in the State Affiliate Network, regardless of their state’s affiliation status. Email us at email@example.com to learn more about State Affiliate Network.
Please click here for the full list of state affiliates and their contacts.
- Arizona School-Based Health Alliance
- School-Based Health Alliance of Arkansas
- California School-Based Health Alliance
- Colorado Association for School-Based Health Care
- Connecticut Association of School-Based Health Centers
- Delaware School Based Health Alliance
- Georgia School-Based Health Alliance
- Illinois School-Based Health Alliance
- Louisiana School-Based Health Alliance
- Maryland Assembly on School-Based Health Care
- Massachusetts School-Based Health Alliance
- School-Community Health Alliance of Michigan
- Minnesota School-Based Health Center Alliance
- Show-Me School-Based Health Alliance of Missouri
- New Mexico Alliance for School-Based Health Care
- New York School-Based Health Alliance
- North Carolina School-Based Health Alliance
- Ohio School-Based Health Alliance
- Oregon School-Based Health Alliance
- Washington School-Based Health Alliance
- West Virginia Primary Care Association School-Based Health Network