The ‘Be the Change’ Youth Training Program is an opportunity for youth to connect with like-minded peers from around the country who are passionate leaders of change in their schools and communities. ‘Be the Change’ participants network with each other and school-based health care advocates at the convention and engage in various workshops pertaining to health, education, policy, and leadership.
The School-Based Health Alliance is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships to cover the cost of three nights’ hotel accommodations during the convention (check-in is on Tuesday, June 23, and check-out is on Thursday, June 25).
- Applicants must be registered for the convention prior to submitting a scholarship application.
- Applicants must be nominated by an adult engaged in school-based health care.
- Applicants must be between 14 to 18 years of age at the time of the convention.
- Applicants must get the permission of a parent and/or guardian to apply.
- Applicants must submit their application, essay, transcript, and nominating form to School-Based Health Alliance by Friday, May 15, 2020.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the full convention from June 24-25, 2020.
- Scholarship recipients must attend all ‘Be the Change’ workshops at the convention.
Scholarship decisions will be sent via email Friday, May 22, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship competition, please e-mail email@example.com or call (202) 370-4383.
How to Apply