YAC members share blogs on specific youth related topics, as well as their personal experiences and work with the school-based health care field. Blog posts are published on the SBHA website which can be found here. See below for the most recent blogs from YAC members.
- The Lack of Sex Education and Why It Needs to Change (Brooklyn Waller)
- Why Mental Health is Important Now More Than Ever (Baila Salifou)
- My Experience with the COVID Vaccine and What Comes Next (Audrey Gabriel)
- Opioid Prevention in Youth (Baila Salifou)
- Take a Break from Straining Your Eyes (Fathima Lye)
- Youth Advisory Council Blog: Why SBHCs Matter to Youth
Youth Development Digest
Every month a new Digest is sent out detailing information for youth across the country interested in all things school-based healthcare related. Subscribe here to receive future Digests in your email inbox.
Through webinars and workshops, the Council disseminates youth perspectives on issues critical to health and well-being, such as food insecurity, mental health, and substance use. All presentations are researched by the YAC members and presented to professionals and youth across the country. The YAC Members strive to create content and tools that school-based health centers can use to make positive changes or influence growth. Visit our webinar archive to watch the latest youth-focused and youth-led webinars.
Our Council does more than just write, they act. These videos showcase their dedication to the work that the School-Based Health Alliance is doing on a national level as well as their hometowns. From speaking at the National School-Based Health Care Convention to utilizing the Youth Participatory Research (YPAR) model, all work is youth-driven.