Alliance Statement on COVID-19 (Posted March 23, 2020)
“The School-Based Health Alliance is closely monitoring the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on school-based health centers (SBHCs) across the nation. As this situation is rapidly evolving, we advise SBHCs to seek up to date operational and communications guidance from their sponsoring agency, school district and local public health authorities.”
Listening and Learning Series
Thank you to those who participated in our SBHC COVID-19 Listening and Learning Sessions!
Access Previous Listening and Learning Sessions Here.
Subscribe to our digest to receive updates about future session dates and registration.
If you are an SBHC clinician or administrator and you would like to join our Basecamp group to communicate with peers to share strategies and resources, please email email@example.com.
The Well-Being Series: Connections During COVID-19: Mental Wellness Webinars For Families & Educators (ongoing + archived webinars and resources)
School-Based Health Centers in the Time of COVID-19
School-based health centers provide primary care, dental, and behavioral health care to students nationwide. The COVID-19 pandemic forced schools to close which left many students without this much needed care. The Weitzman Institute and the School-Based Health Alliance partnered together to bring guidance and information focusing on leadership, experience, and telehealth strategies to support a virtual school based health center model.
Field Articles, Stories, and Blog Posts
- “What Happens to School-Based Health Care When Schools Close?”
- “Philanthropy and the long game: from stepping up to stretching out”
- “2020-21 National Survey of SBHCs: The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic”
Center for Federal and State Policy Changes
- Center Medicare and Medicaid Programs Policy and Regulatory Revisions in response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Coronavirus Waivers and Flexibilities
- Check the Center for Connected Health Policy Website for COVID-19 policy updates.
National School-Based Health Center Sponsors (with Resources on COVID-19)
- American Hospital Association
- Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations
- National Association Community Health Centers
- National Resource Center
- National Association of City and County Health Officials
Social Media Pages to Follow
- Official School-Based Health Alliance Twitter Page: Follow us on Twitter to receive updates, information, and resources related to COVID-19 and other Alliance projects throughout the year.
- Official School-Based Health Alliance Facebook Page: Like us on Facebook to receive updates, information, and resources related to COVID-19 and other Alliance projects throughout the year.
- Official CCHP Twitter Page: This is a link to the Center for Connected Health Policy official Twitter page.
- Official CDC Twitter Page: This is a link to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) official Twitter page.
- Official WHO Twitter Page: This is a link to the World Health Organization official Twitter page.
- COVID GUIDANCE: Screening for Suicide Risk during Telehealth Visits
- SBHA School-Based Telehealth Playbook
- Frequently Asked Questions for Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals regarding EMTALA
- CMS Risk Adjustment FAQ on COVID-19 April 27, 2020
- School-Based Telemedicine Webinar series
- General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit
- State Medicaid & CHIP Telehealth Toolkit
- Telehealth Etiquette Video Series
- FQHC Webinar series 3–Telehealth and Mental/Behavioral Health
- SBHA Telehealth Recommendations for Education Partners
- Adolescent Sexual Health Telemedicine Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Fenway Institute coronavirus, COVID-19, and Considerations for People Living with HIV and LGBTQIA+ People (PDF)
- Medical Legal Partnership Tip Sheet: 8 Things Every Medical-Legal Partnership Can Do Right Now to Respond to COVID-19