The School-Based Health Alliance works to improve the health of children and youth by advancing and advocating for school-based health care. Our vision is that all children and adolescents are healthy and achieving at their fullest potential.
In this Section
This section provides information about:
What We Believe
All children and adolescents deserve to thrive. But too many struggle because they lack access to health care services. School-based health care is the solution, bringing health care to where students already spend the majority of their time: in school. When health and education come together, great things happen. Attendance improves. Conditions like asthma or diabetes are better managed. Behavioral health issues get quick, expert attention.
Who We Are
Founded in 1995, the nonprofit School-Based Health Alliance is the national voice for school-based health care. We provide the field with high-quality resources, training, and motivation and inspiration to excel in their work. School-based health care practitioners, with their distinct expertise, knowledge, and experiences, play a vital role at the intersection of education and health care. By empowering them, we are redefining health for kids and teens.
What We Do
- We connect our sector to a national community of peers that shares their values, values their model, and unifies their voice for greater impact.
- We support our field with common standards, measures, data, and research to effectively demonstrate their value.
- We directly engage our members in experiential and collaborative learning to lead, test, and spread innovations in our field.
- We help young people take ownership of their health.
- We advocate at federal, state, and local levels for the concept of health and education partnerships—and the school-based health center (SBHC) model in particular—to achieve student success.